FIRST Mentors, are, through the kids, the key ingredient in the success of a team. The Mentors’ contribution to the success of FIRST programs and ultimately to the success of FIRST is immeasurable. The time, responsibility and expertise of a Mentor or Coach will vary but the one constant is that you are bringing something to your team that they need to learn, grow and succeed.
- Can be a person of any age, teaching others what they know
- Brings either technical or non technical expertise to the team
- Provides the opportunity for students to learn directly through experiences
- Begins as a teacher, evolves into a colleague
- Knows that Mentoring and Coaching is about inspiring and guiding
- Provides students the environment to succeed
- Is patient, supportive, enthusiastic, compassionate and available
- Remembers what’s important – it’s about the kids and they come first
Want to Become a Mentor?
Contact a FIRST Senior Mentor in your area:
DIRECTLY SUPPORTING: Greater San Francisco Bay Area & Northern California Coast
DIRECTLY SUPPORTING: Central Valley & Northern Central California
DIRECTLY SUPPORTING: Los Angeles
DIRECTLY SUPPORTING: Inland Empire & Orange County
DIRECTLY SUPPORTING: San Diego & Inland Empire