FIRST Robotics Competition
March 23-26, 2023 | Davis, CA
UC DAVIS ARC PAVILLION | Corner of Orchard & LaRue
The Sacramento Regional
Dubbed a varsity Sport for the Mind,™ FIRST Robotics Competition (FRC) combines the excitement of sport with the rigors of science and technology.
Under strict rules, limited resources, and time limits, teams of high school students are challenged to raise funds, design a team “brand,” hone teamwork skills, and build and program a robot to go head to head against a field of competitors. It’s as close to “real world” engineering as a student can get.
Join the Fun!
The Sacramento Regional is a high-energy, high-tech spectator sporting event where teams, professionals and young people together solve an engineering design problem in an intense and competitive way. The program is life-changing, career-molding and a lot of fun.
Teams at the Sacramento Regional will vie for regional awards and a spot at the FIRST Championship which will be help in April in Houston, Texas. The competition is part of FIRST, a not-for-profit organization dedicated to inspire young people’s interest and participation in science and technology.
2022/2023 season theme
FIRST ENERGIZE presented by Qualcomm
This is the moment to get energized to innovate. From the machines that move us to the food that sustains us to the wireless technologies that connect us, energy plays an essential role in keeping our world running. During our 2022-2023 robotics season, FIRST® ENERGIZE℠ presented by Qualcomm, our teams will reimagine the future of sustainable energy and power their ideas forward. Innovation can’t wait.
Resources for Teams
TEAM LOAD IN PLAN
* please read carefully and reach out if you have any questions.
- In order to load in you must first check in at Visitor Parking Lot 57. Please wait until 5pm to arrive.
- The easiest way to get to this lot is to take the Hutchinson exit off Highway 113. You’ll then take a quick right onto Heath Sciences Drive (at the stadium) and then an immediate right onto West Heath Sciences Drive
- Teams will not be able to start unloading until 6pm – you cannot wait on the street outside the venue (especially on La Rue Rd!). The only way to get a spot in line to load in is to first check in at Visitor Parking Lot 57.
- At lot 57, volunteers will check you in & give you a numbered load in card. You will wait in this parking lot until it’s your turn to pull forward to the loading area. Teams that don’t pick up this load in card and try to load in will be sent to Lot 57 in order to load in.
- From this Parking Lot a volunteer will let you know when you can leave and drive up to the loading area. Show your load-in card to the volunteer at the entrance to the loading area.
- Once you get to the loading area driveway, drive forward as directed by volunteers. Stay on the right hand side unless you are directed around other vehicles. DO NOT park on the left side of the driveway. Please unload EVERYTHING quickly and safely onto the grassy area, then have your driver move your car/truck/bus so the next team can unload. Do not start loading into the venue until your vehicle is completely unloaded and it has been moved. Your vehicle can pull forward to parking lot 25 until you are ready to be picked up from the front of the building (Remember it’s just 5 team members & 1 mentor per team for unloading).
- Take your items to loading dock entrance and down a circular ramp into the lower level.
- Please note that after you load in you will not use this loading dock entrance again. You will enter the builing by the main NE entrance each morning.
- Your driver will then need to leave the loading dock and move across LaRue Rd to visitor lot 35 to wait for the team to finish setting up their pit. Team members should plan on meeting their driver in lot 35.
COVID Policy and Event Entry:
March 17, 2023 – The event will be open to the public this year, and we do not plan to have any COVID restrictions. Masks are absolutely welcome, and teams and spectators should feel perfectly comfortable choosing to wear them.
September 9, 2022 – We are continuing to monitor local public health conditions and are developing plans on how to best support FIRST events across all programs for the 2022 – 2023 Season. This includes the ability to implement modifications such as the use of masks, health screening, event scaling, social distancing, event formatting, and other precautions as determined by local conditions and regulations.
Providing opportunities for hands-on learning and recognizing our teams’ incredible accomplishments are key elements to the lasting impact of FIRST. We remain committed to deliver our programs to as many students as possible, as safely as possible.
This space will be updated with more details as the season progresses.
We thank you for your continued support for our mission as we navigate the season together!
FIRST is not contracting with a hotel booking agency this year for Regionals. Teams that need hotels for their members should book them on their own.
Please contact Janet at firstname.lastname@example.org prior to your arrival if you need any special assistance.
Kickoff is January 7, 2023.
Details coming soon.
Sponsor the Regional!
WAYS TO SPONSOR
SUPPORT THE SACRAMENTO REGIONAL
To discuss sponsorship opportunities and benefits of sponsorship, please contact your Regional Director, Janet McKinley, or fill out the Contact Form below.
For 30 years, FIRST® volunteers have fueled the mission by inspiring millions of young people to reach for the stars. You are part of a global support system we’ve built for students who need a spark of curiosity and encouragement to launch their dreams. Together, we’re inspiring the next generation of innovators, technology leaders, and change-makers here on Earth – and beyond.
Non-Technical and Technical Roles Available
EXAMPLES OF ROLES
APPLY TO VOLUNTEER
- Create an account in the FIRST Dashboard – click here to apply.
- Click the Volunteer Registration tab & choose ‘Volunteer at an Event’.
- Filter events by location/ program and select Sacramento Regional.
- Choose up to five roles and apply.
- Complete your required youth protection background screening (US & Canada).
You will receive an email from your local event coordinator if you are assigned to a volunteer role.
SACRAMENTO REGIONAL SOCIAL MEDIA