Remote Volunteer Opportunities
FIRST Tech Challenge
JUDGE – Remote Volunteer Opportunity
Los Angeles / SoCal Region – FTC
The Covid-19 pandemic has forced us all to forgo some of our favorite activities but FIRST Tech Challenge has continued to create opportunities for students to engage. Middle and high school students across the region have been working hard, despite the hardships brought on by a global pandemic, to produce amazing feats of engineering and spread FIRST in their communities in unique and impactful ways. FIRST is still only able to continue its awesome work through the dedication of its thousands of volunteers. We humbly thank you in advance for your support.
This year, volunteering will look a little different since all students in this region will be competing remotely. (What does that mean? See http://firsttechchallenge.blogspot.com/2020/09/remote-team-resources-ultimate-goal.html)
The benefit? No traveling to a physical location– you can volunteer from anywhere in the world and the students will come to you. We are starting to recruit judges for this season’s events (see below for dates) and would love your help!
We are in need of 12 judges per event!
TIME COMMITMENT & TRAINING:
- one day of volunteering (see below for event schedule) and
- at least one pre-event training session (March 9th or March 17th, 7-8pm PST) with experienced Judge Advisor(s).
2021 LA/SoCal Region Qualifying Tournament (QT) Dates:
- Sunday, March 14, 2021
- Saturday, March 20, 2021
- Sunday, March 28, 2021
- Saturday, April 3, 2021
- Saturday, April 10, 2021(If needed)
2021 LA/SoCal Regional Championship:
- Saturday, April 24, 2021
General Event Schedule (PST):
- 8:00 am – 8:30 am Opening Ceremony
- 8:30 am – 10:30 am AM Judging Panels – pre-scheduled interview slots for teams
- 10:30 am – 11:00 am Individual Panel deliberations
- 11:00 am – Noon Determine short lists for each award by panel
- Noon – 1:00 pm LUNCH Break
- 1:00 pm – 3:40 pm PM Interviews – pre-scheduled additional time with teams
- 3:40 pm – 5:00 pm Final Deliberations and Award Determinations
- 5:30 pm Closing Ceremony
Contact Taylor Halsey via email to receive volunteer registration information and set up a time for training by clicking the button below.
START A TEAM
FIND AN EVENT